Benefits of Homecare Services
- More than one-third (about 37 percent) of older people prefer to receive in-home care services, such as home nurses, aides, or homemaker services instead of nursing home care or assisted living care.
- Homecare services are provided in the client’s home by highly skilled and trained homemakers, homecare aides, and caregivers.
- Caring for a person with Alzheimer’s or dementia is often very difficult, and many family members experience high levels of emotional stress and depression as a result. This is because many family members who are caregivers have to quit work, reduce their work hours or take time off because of their caregiving responsibilities.
- Although families generally prefer to keep their loved ones at home as long as possible, most people with Alzheimer’s disease or dementia eventually need more assistance than families can provide. They frequently choose to use the assistance of Abcor Home Health, Inc. where professional homecare is available.
Take this test to assess a senior’s need for in-home care services:
The following checklist can help you decide if your loved one is capable of living independently and further assist you in defining his or her needs for homecare services. Also consider how many of the following activities require you to help the senior yourself. In-home senior care doesn’t just assist seniors, it brings peace of mind to their families, too.
Do you have an aging spouse, parent, other relative or friend who needs help…
- Remembering to take medications?
- Dressing and undressing?
- Driving or using public transportation?
- Shopping for groceries and clothing?
- Preparing healthy, regular meals?
- Taking a bath or shower?
- Getting in and out of bed?
- Interacting socially?
- Using the bathroom?
- Doing laundry or light housekeeping?
- Remaining active and interested in life and hobbies?
- Walking, climbing stairs and getting around the house easily?
- Practicing prescribed physical therapy exercises?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, click here to arrange a FREE, no obligation consultation!