At Abcor, we maintain a high standard of quality control to ensure the best quality care for our clients. The QA/QI Program is an ongoing, systematic, and totally objective process undertaken by the agency on a regular basis. The program uses as a guide the rights of the client according to the State of Illinois and Federal regulatory standards and additional policies of the agency.
Our home care quality control performs the following checks among others:
- Conducting assessments of client’s functional and cognitive capabilities and personal needs for home care services
- Closely monitoring the performance of the necessary services via in-home supervisory visits, client care coordination on a weekly basis, and home safety evaluations
The agency’s intense commitment to quality service and training has allowed participation in many Federal and State funded home care programs.
Quarterly Business Evaluation
In addition to the more regular checks mentioned above, Abcor Home Health, Inc. quarterly evaluates the activities of its entire operation, including the business side. These evaluations include information from:
- The Care Records & Utilization Review Committee
- Staff Meetings
- Governing Board Meetings
- Our Quality Assessment Program
- The Professional Advisory Committee
The evaluation committee uses whatever criteria may be available to evaluate the performance of the agency in meeting their goals and objectives.
The Committee also evaluates the following:
- Abcor’s QA Program
- Infection Control
- Client Satisfaction
- Client Complaints
- Our Emergency Preparedness Program
- Accidents and Prevention